SMA Staff Training
Each summer before the campers arrive we hold a 10 day staff training in order to prepare for the opening day of camp. There are two main goals of staff training:
- One is to teach skills, safety protocols and to get everyone on the same page about how we do things at SMA.
- The second is to work to build our “All Star Staff Team” into a cohesive unit that plays hard and works hard together while looking out for one another as well.
Specific things we do at our staff training include:
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Overnight Camping Trip
- Hands-on Training for Specific Activities
- Conflict Resolution Workshop
- Team Building Games
- SMA Safety Protocols
At Stone Mountain Adventures we feel it is essential that we have a terrific staff team each summer. Having 10 days together before the campers arrive gives us the opportunity to get to know one another and truly be prepared for the opening day of camp.
Job Oppertunities at Stone Mountain Adventures
Each summer we hire 14 camp counselors at SMA, 7 guys & 7 gals. Applicants musWorking at SMA is always easy but it sure is fun.
We are currently hiring:
- Sports Counselors (Soccer, Ultimate Fribee, Tennis, Volleyball, Touch Rugby, Basketball)
- Rock Climbing Instructors (You get to Climb Everyday!)
- Mountain Bike Instructors (we ride the Aliigripis Trail at Raystown Lake… you get to ride every day! raystown.org/outdoor-fun/allegrippis-trails.html
- Horseback Riding Instructors (English)
- Waterfront Staff (Wakeboarding/Waterskiing & Sailing/Windsurfing)
- Arts Instructor (Pottery, jewelry making, acrylics, etc.)
- General Camp Counselors
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- experience working with teens
- have a positive outlook on life
- be excited about the prospect of getting paid to “play” for the summer
- be 21+ years old
- have a valid driver’s license
All camp counselors/instructors must live at camp.
Contracts run from 6/15 to 8/20.
First Aid & CPR training included.
An in-person interview is require
Click Here to Download our Camp Counselor Application then e-mail it to email@example.com