It has finally happened... the 2013 SMA Teen Summer Camp Video Slide Show is live on our web site!
What Are SMA Teen Summer Camp Session Slideshows You Ask? -On the last night of each session we gather in the barn and watch the session slideshow. All Session we take pictures of campers and staff on activities (rock climbing, wakeboarding, art studio, etc.), doing community service, evening activities (Jud Games, yea!) and hanging around camp with friends. We gather the best of these photos, add a summer soundtrack and put together a slideshow that really captures the crazy, silly, amazing, magical moments of each session.
If you attended SMA this summer or are a veteran camper or staff from years gone by, check out one of the videos slideshows below to relive many of the memories of summer 2013!
Stone Mountain Adventures (SMA) is a co-ed overnight teen and "tween" summer camp for 60 teenagers ages 12-16 located in the mountains of centralPennsylvania. We specialize in getting teens excited about life through:
Our teen campers learn new skills, gain self confidence, make strong friendships and become members of our strong, value centered summer community.
Things that our camp unique are we:
- Young Teen Focused Activities
- Choose Your Own Activities Everyday
- Adventures and Camping Overnights Out of Camp
- Campers increase self confidence and independence
As with many aspects of teenagers lives our camp is also a very social place and we work hard to model and encourage positive relationships, create community in an authentic way, stop cliques from developing, and take away many of the traditional pressures that teens feel in school.
The result is that campers feel a new found freedom to explore who they truly are while at the same time feeling like they have a new “home away from home” atStone Mountain Adventures.
2 Week Sessions « Tuition: $2550
- · Session 1 (SMA1) Sun 6/22 to Sat 7/5
- · Session 2 (SMA2) Sun 7/6 to Sat 7/19
- · Session 3 (SMA3) Mon 7/21 to Sun 8/3
- · Session 4 (SMA4) Tue 8/5 to Mon 8/18
4 Week Sessions « Tuition: $4980
- · Session 1 + 2 Sun 6/22 to Sat 7/19
- · Session 2 + 3 Sun 7/6 to Sun 8/3
- · Session 3 + 4 Mon 7/21 to Mon 8/18
6 Week Sessions « Tuition: $7350
- · Session 1 + 2 + 3 Sun 6/22 to Sat 7/19
- · Session 2 + 3 + 4 Sun 7/6 to Sun 8/18
8 Week Session « Tuition: $8880
- Session 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 Sun 6/22 to Mon 8/18
Overnight Summer Camp
Teen Summer Camp
Stone Mountain Adventures (SMA) is a co-ed overnight teen summer camp with 60 teenagers ages 12-16 located in the mountains of central Pennsylvania. Our adventure activities provide the opportunity for young adults to challenge themselves to step beyond their abilities: to ride with confidence, to rock climb with technique, to control the sail, or to bike one more hill. We create a non-competitive atmosphere where campers have fun, make lasting friendships and feel safe trying new activities.
We are a very active summer community and do a good job of getting campers excited about all aspects of camp from our adventure activities and traditional sport to going roller skating to going white water rafting together as a group. As with many aspects of teenagers lives, our camp is also a very social place and we work hard to model and encourage positive relationships, create community in an authentic way, stop cliques from developing, and take away many of the traditional pressures that teens feel in school. The result is that campers feel a new found freedom to explore who they truly are while at the same time feeling like they have a new “home away from home” at Stone Mountain Adventures. With only 60 campers per session, SMA co-ed teen teen summer camp is a small, non-competitive adventure camp. With 1 staff member to every 4 campers, camp feels like a great big family, full of good friends. We celebrate our victories, accept our shortcomings, and learn from both. As the days flow by, our philosophy of respect and sharing emerge. We learn respect for animals, the outdoors, and each other. As strong individuals, we come together as a summer family, learning and having fun together. Oh yea… and did we mention that everyday we have FUN!
We find that as a co-ed overnight teen summer camp Stone Mountain Adventures is well suited for:
- Young teens, especially those who have outgrown the traditional camp.
- Those wanting a family atmosphere.
- Those wanting an older staff, mid 20's.
- Parents who want to visit camp, visiting day is any day a parent shows up.
- Teens who crave independence - we give them as much as we can, but health and safety always come first.
- Families that want a safe environment for their child to personally grow during those difficult early teen years.
- Those who feel stuck in the woods at a traditional camp, we travel a lot.