Tips for Getting Your Child Ready for an Overnight Camp Experience

Posted by Jud Millar

Mon, Mar 15, 2021

Continue Reading

Topics: 2 Week Summer Camp

Watch all the Thrilling Moments from SMA Teen camp Session 1 Slideshow

Posted by Jud Millar

Mon, Sep 17, 2018

All of us at Stone Mountain Adventures are so excited to share the Session 1, 2018 Slideshow with you!

Continue Reading

Topics: 2 Week Summer Camp, summer camp slideshow

SMA 2017 Session 4 Reflections: Read all about our Campers Experiences

Posted by Jud Millar

Fri, Dec 8, 2017

Isabelle Kough:

4th session was amazing- all the overnights, meeting new people, my cabin, the activities, and just everything made me want to come back. The counselors have made everything more fun. The camp itself didn’t change me but the people did. Darius taught me not to care what people think. Ben the counselor made me realize to laugh. On the overnight was fun because Will was fighting everyone with lightsabers. I had an amazing session with everyone especially Adi and Jordyn. I can’t wait to come back next year! I love Jem (because she made me write this).

Matthew Weitzel:

This was my first summer camp that is an overnight, as it was the longest time I’ve been away from family. It started to feel normal after about 2-3 days. By for this is the most outdoor activities I’ve done this summer. The adventures beheld a mass of emotions including the happiness of belly whomping to the pain of falling off my bike and cutting my arm and leg. Overall, I think I learned a lot and became a lot tanner which I’m happy about, but in all seriousness I will leave a better person and with a lot more skills (and scars).

Jack Weiman:

I like Ben. Ben is cool. So is Jay. Jem is cool. Will is one of my favorites. He used to look like a cool Viking warrior but then he was lame and shaved off his beard and now he looks like a British person. Helen is cool because she is majoring in what I want to major in. I also love Connor and myself. Ben is my favorite. I learned how to wakeboard and had a lot of fun on all the activities. My favorites were sailing, mountain biking, white water rafting. I made a lot of new friends and I really enjoyed my time here.

Mary Zaher:

Coming to camp, I was excited and relieved to have finally made it here. The moment I stepped into my cabin, I was greeted with friendly faces. I got to know my cabin mates better, and tried several new activities with them. Some of my favorites activities were the Amish market, the fair, white water rafting, and overnights. The Amish market and the fair were both opportunities to learn more about the Amish culture. White water rafting was exciting as well as scary, and it required teamwork and cooperation as well as the ability to listen to instructions. While I was on my overnights, I had to learn to coexist with the critters and bugs living in the forest. I had a lot of fun learning how to get up on the kneeboard and hiking through the woods. Overall, I had a great time at camp. I made new friends and tried new activities. I was an unforgettable experience and I hope that I will be back again next year.

Continue Reading

Topics: 2 Week Summer Camp, Reflection packets, Camper and Staff Memory Books

'17 Session 3 Reflections: SMA Mountain Biking Summer Camp

Posted by Jud Millar

Mon, Dec 4, 2017

Ruben Matell

This session at SMA was probably the best two weeks of my life. Last year, I was so shy and insecure when I came here. This year however, I felt instantly at home when I stepped out of the car. SMA helped me to completely come out of my shell and be who I really am. I am so happy that I was able to be myself, be happy and be confident for the most part. I hope I am able to take it home with me.

As far as activities go, I had so much fun on the wakeboard and I was far better at it than I expected. I also really enjoyed the Yough; it was such a crazy experience with the water that high. I also really enjoyed getting to know everyone here. I made such close friends. It always astounds me that in two weeks I am closer to the people here than I am to people I’ve known my whole life. I love this place with all my heart 

Aiden McAleer

My time at Stone Mountain was amazing, I will 100% be coming back for next year. I found my better self. I have went outside of my comfort zone so many times, I have taken care of a bunny during my time here, I don’t know if I’m taking him home with me but it was fun! I stood up on a wakeboard for the first time and it was the best thing ever! I have met many people at this camp that I will never forget.  Im not very good at writing but this is the best I could do to explain my time here! If  you could draw a line for how good it was, the longer the better

Meghan Lewis

I could not have asked for a better last session. I got to meet many new great people and spend time with old friends. There was not a single time this session where I was unhappy. All of the amazing activities and people made this a session I will never forget. I am going to bring home with me all of the memories I have made and the happiness of myself and others around me!

Continue Reading

Topics: 2 Week Summer Camp, Reflection packets

First Session Slideshow of 2014 - SMA 2 Week Summer Camp!

Posted by Jud Millar

Tue, Oct 28, 2014

The First Session Slideshow is finally here!

First Session of Stone Mountain Adventures 2 week summer camp began on Sunday, June 22nd. After much anticipation by parents and campers and a 10 day staff training, it was safe to say that we were all extremely excited that the summer of 2014 was finally off and running.  

In the ensuing two weeks we took photos and captured special moments at activities (think rock climbing, horseback riding, and soccer), service learning projects, camping overnights and evening activities (Disco Roller Skating, yea!) and while hanging around camp with friends. We collected these photos and created a slideshow!

More 2014 Session Slideshows to be uploaded in the days to come!

Continue Reading

Topics: 2 Week Summer Camp, slideshow, slideshow 2014

Exploring activities at Summer Camps and their impact on Campers lives

Posted by Jud Millar

Wed, Oct 22, 2014

In today's society we have become dependent upon technology to the point that we find ourselves in a place where we take for granted the beauty around us if we notice it at all. Not only does the natural world offer us the ability to feel relaxed and rejuvenated, but it also provides us with a sense of serenity and happiness. At adventure summer camps, teenagers are exposed to the wonders of nature in ways they may not have experienced before. Some benefits may include developing an appreciation for the environment, humanity and each other. At Stone Mountain Adventures Teen Summer Camp we focus on the powerful connections between our campers and their experiences in the great outdoors. This connection is not just limited to the natural environment around campers; it also includes the culture that is created here at camp and the people around them, and how to be a leader with the goal of acquiring a responsible appreciation for the natural wonders of our awesome planet. 

Continue Reading

Topics: Rock Climbing Summer Camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, overnight camping trips, Appreciating Nature at Camp

S'MAzing Summer 2019: Read all about the Event and its Essence at SMA.

Posted by Jud Millar

Wed, Sep 10, 2014

A truly S’MAzing summer at Stone Mountain Adventures has come to a close. We ended the summer as we began it with an incredible final two week session!

The summer of 2014 at Stone Mountain Adventures Teen Summer Camp really was one for the ages. We had campers from 16 states and five foreign countries including Spain, the UK, France, Switzerland and Dubai.  Our staff was equally diverse with a total of 15 full time camp counselors from nine states as well as “funny-talkers” from England, Northern Ireland, and Australia.  Of those counselors, five were former SMA Campers. 

Continue Reading

Topics: Summer camp, Teen summer camp, teenage summer camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, A Message from Director Jud

VA Camp Fair: Read about the Time, Date, and the Location of the Event

Posted by Jud Millar

Fri, Feb 21, 2014

Stone Mountain Adventures (SMA) 2 Week Teen Summer Camp will have a booth at a camp fair in Arlington, VA Friday, Feb. 21, 2014, from 6-8 p.m at the Jefferson Community Center, 3501 2nd Street S.

Continue Reading

Topics: Teen summer camp, teenage summer camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, camp, camp fair, Arlington Camp Fair

Attend Philly Fair: Read about the Time, Date, and Venue of the Event.

Posted by Jud Millar

Fri, Jan 17, 2014

Stone Mountain Adventures, a 2 Week Teen Summer Camp located in central PA will be attending a camp fair in the Philadelphia area on Saturday, 1/18 from Noon to 3pm.  Here are the details:

Continue Reading

Topics: Teen summer camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, camp fair, ACA Bucks County Camp Fair

Sara Finn A 4-Time SMA Camper details her experience at SMA Teen Camp

Posted by Jud Millar

Fri, Dec 13, 2013

Sara Finn (aka Sara Feldstein-Nixon) attended SMA Teen Summer Camp from 2008 to 2011 and wrote this as she was applying to transfer from Brookline High School in her sophmore year...

Continue Reading

Topics: Teen Camp, Teen summer camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, what I learned at SMA

2014 SMA Summer Camp: Read about the Time, Dates, Price, and Sessions.

Posted by Jud Millar

Fri, Sep 27, 2013

Stone Mountain Adventures Teen Summer Camp is excited to announce our 2014 dates and prices!

• SMA now offers four 2 week sessions
  • Campers are encouraged to combine sessions and stay longer

2 Week Sessions

Begins

Ends

Duration

Session 1    (SMA1)     

Sunday 6/22   

Saturday 7/5

2 Weeks

Session 2    (SMA2)

Sunday 7/6

Saturday 7/19   

2 Weeks

Session 3    (SMA3)

Monday 7/21

Sunday 8/3

2 Weeks

Session 4    (SMA3)

Tuesday 8/5

Monday 8/18

2 Weeks

4 Week Sessions

Begins

Ends

Duration

Session 1 & 2    

Sunday 6/22   

Saturday 7/19   

4 Weeks

Session 2 & 3

Sunday 7/6

Sunday 8/3   

4 Weeks

Session 3 & 4

Monday 7/21

Monday 8/18

4 Weeks

6 Week Sessions

Begins

Ends

Duration

Session 1 & 2 & 3     

Sunday 6/22   

Sunday 8/3

6 Weeks

Session 2 & 3 & 4

Sunday 7/6

Monday 8/18    

6 Weeks

8 Week Sessions

Begins

Ends

Duration

Session 1 & 2 & 3 & 4

Sunday 6/22

Monday 8/18

8 Weeks

Tuition

$2250 for One Sessions (2 Weeks)

$4980 for Two Sessions (4 Weeks)

$7350 for Three Sessions (6 Weeks)

$8880 for Four Sessions (8 Weeks)

Ready to sign up? Here is our 2014 Camper Application.

Tuition is all inclusive, and covers laundry, entrance fees to all out-of-camp trips, and white water rafting. "Masters Programs" are described below and require an extra fee.

Continue Reading

Topics: Teen summer camp, 2 Week Summer Camp, Summer Camp PA, Dates and Prices, 2014 Summer Camp

About Director Jud's Blog

This blog will give you the "411" about everything that is Stone Mountain Adventures Teen Summer Camp!  Everything from "Summer Updates" to useful family and camp resources.  Check it out! 

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all