Rothrock Outfitters is central PA's premier outdoor gear shop located in Historic Downtown Huntingdon at 418 Penns St. Rothrock Outfitters opened its doors on November 13, 2000. This historic building was built in the early 1800's. According to Rothrock's webiste the building was "originally home to Steeles pharmacy with two additional floors housing fine apartments. During the early part of the 20th century the top floor burned off in a cold january fire. After some remodeling the building was again reopened under the Steeles name. by the middle of the 1900's the building and ownership had changed hands later becoming a hardware store, army navy store, doctors office, and most recently the huntingdon drop in center."
Our adventure activities include: rock climbing, mountain biking, sailing, whitewater rafting, waterskiing, canoeing, caving, wake boarding, windsurfing & horseback riding
Our Athletic Activities include: soccer, tennis, ultimate frisbee , basketball, golf, Frisbee golf, touch rugby, softball, flag football, etc.
We also do arts studio, music making, service projects and many more.
- Bike Sales
- Bike Service and Repairs
- Bike and Wheel Builds
- Rental and Demo Bikes
- Information on places to ride bikes in central PA
- Boat Sales including Canoes, SUPs and Kayaks
- River Shuttles and Trips
- Boat Repair Work
- Canoe, SUP and Kayak Rentals
- Information about places to paddle in central PA
- SUP Clinics
- Adventure Suites above the shop:
- Suites include two queen beds, living room and kitchen
- All rooms are bike friendly
- Each suite is stocked with area maps, information, and guides on what to do and see in the Raystown Region.
- Click Here to learn more
- Weekend Packages
- Stay in the Adventure Suites
- Ride the awesome trails in central PA
- Demo fat bikes from Surly and Salsa
- Enjoy craft beer and food at Boxers Cafe
- Buy a Fat Bike from Rothrock Outfitters and stay for free at the Adventure Suites